Do you want to feel better instantly? Do you want to feel healthier? Think better about yourself? Keep upright. What are the benefits of maintaining a good posture?
- it contributes to a good appearance
- it decreases the weight of some joint surfaces
- it diminishes the stress on the ligaments holding the joints
- it prevents the muscular pains and fatigue
- it allows you to breathe more deeply, which gives you more oxygen
- a good posture can make you look thinner. Poor posture can create the appearance of a pot belly.
To sum up the lecture delivered by Eliza Niedzielska, a specialist in therapeutic reabilitation, students prepared handouts reminding about maintaining the proper posture.